SLS Support for Home-based Learning School
During school operating hours, students should contact the School-based Helpline for SLS queries including all SLS access matters such as password reset and unlocking of accounts, as well as queries about lesson assignments.
- School-based Helpline: 6893 2564
- Mondays - Fridays: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Non-School Operating Hours
Outside the school operating hours, students should contact the SLS Helpdesk for support.
- Call SLS Helpdesk at 6702 6513
Mondays - Fridays: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
*Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
- Email SLS Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
When emailing the SLS Helpdesk, students should include their full name, name of school and form class.
You may also get assistance by
- Filling in this form at https://form.gov.sg/5e82ae7cd421b000110c1b45
- Scanning this QR code to fill in this form.
- Call Woodgrove Sec at 6893 2564
Parents who wish to provide feedback or have questions, you may do so by
- Filling in this form at https://form.gov.sg/5e8c3bd52d84fd0011d67c64
- Scanning this QR code
to fill in the form
a) Please give us some time to respond to your call for help.
b) Many schools are embarking on SLS for their HBL. Hence, if there is any difficulty in logging in, it might be due to the heavy usage of the SLS server.
c) For cases like this, try logging in again around 9am or 3pm. Avoid peak timings, e.g. 8am or 12pm
1. What happens if I am sick on e-learning Day ?
Just as in a normal school day, inability to participate in the HBL Learning must be supported with a valid medical certificate or parent’s letter. Submit either document to your Form Teachers upon your return to school.
2. What happens if I am unable to complete a task due to technical issue during e-learning Day ?
Inability to complete an e-learning task due to a technical issue must be supported with evidence of the technical issue, e.g. taking a photograph and submitting via whatsapp to your teachers or emailing to the school at email@example.com if your teacher does not respond to your whatsapp message.
3. I have already logged into SLS, but I face difficulties understanding the content or the tasks or assignments set.Please contact your subject teachers via text or email and he / she will assist you. If you do not receive a reply from your subject teacher, please use the link or the QR code given above in Other Helplines or call 6893 2564. Please give us some time to get back to you as soon as we can.
Very useful guides for students
- Video conferencing with teachers using Google meet via (Adapted from ITD).pdf
- Video Conferencing with Teachers Using Zoom for HBL (MOE ETD - Version 20March2020).pdf
- Image scanner Evernote Scannable is a mobile app that allows devices to be used as image scanner.
- Students’ guide on how to create a google account (Gmail).